It all started in 1934 when Katholiki Anastasas, sharing a common dream of building a Church for the Greek Community of South Australia, asked Bishop Timotheos for permission to
conduct fundraising for this purpose. The Bishop embraced this initiative and suggested a Society be set up with at least three members, so that fundraisers and events held for the church
would be legal and official. Katholiki Anastasas called her daughter-in-law Despina Kratsis and her sympethera Despina Pan. Tsakalos and the Society became a reality
Bishop Timotheos consented and blessed them, and the Ladies offered him 36 pounds which were collected between 1934 and 1936, a portion of the money needed for the foundations of the church.
This desire for the erection of a church was deeply rooted in women’s hearts and minds and became their driving force when Katholiki Anastasas became the first president (1937-1939).
The seal of the Association bears the date 1937.